Saturday, September 10, 2011

Blast From the Past *My Goal*


Although I created this layout many years ago, the idea behind it has not changed. It features one of my favorite scriptures and the words in the scripture are a life goal of mine. Here is the scripture:

14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?

15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?

16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?

19 I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances? Alma 5:14-16;19

It is my life goal to be born of God. To be able to imagine myself when I meet Him and stand before Him hearing Him say to me "Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the work of righteousness". To look up to Him with a pure heart and clean hands and having His image engraven on my countenance. I know I am not there yet, but it is something I strive for EVERY day. Some days I'm way more successful than others, but I'll never give it up. It is a goal sooooooo WORTH striving for. So I am ready to start this day with this goal in mind. I hope your day is very blessed! Hugs, Cheryl

12 comments:

  1. A beautiful page, Cheryl and a beautiful goal. I think there are a lot of people out in blogland who strive for the same things. Thanks for sharing! and...you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Your page is always inspiring and your goals are all the more admirable! I strive to be more like you...Blessings to you,too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post Cheryl ... beautiful LO ... have a beautiful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great reminder of what our purpose in the life really is, thanks for sharing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s always a pleasure to me visit your blog my lovely friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this layout, this post, this scripture, and the peek you give us into your heart. I just know that if you and I lived close-by we would be soul-mates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous LO Cheryl.always a pleasure to visit TFS:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a beautiful layout, Cheryl! Love that you have scrapped these important scriptures that mean so much to you, and love the design. the blocked pattern is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely LO.. And such a heartfelt post..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page Cheryl... What a great reminder of what our purpose in the life!!!Thanks for sharing my dearest... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. a blast from the past is a good thing and I love seeing work from earlier years! Kudos to you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete