Monday, October 26, 2009

Thankful for my Family *2S4Y Kazan #38*



I love this time of year as the holidays approach. It just seems my heart naturally turns to the things I am thankful for. At the top of that list is my family. I'm pretty much guessing we all feel that way. My family members are my very best friends and I loooooooooooove being with them. I'm not a real fan of the whole empty nester thing...I don't even like the fact that I'm close. On the flip side, however, how can I be disappointed with the way things have turned out. My two oldest daughters are married to two great guys who love them very much. They have given me the three most precious grandchildren of all time. My third daughter is serving as a missionary for our church. Her letters home fill my heart with peace and comfort and gratitude. Our son is in college and preparing to also serve as a missionary. Our youngest daughter is still at home and I savor (or try to) every moment she is still with us. I look forward to the wonderful things life has in store for her. Yes, I am soooooooooo thankful for my family. I am also thankful for the opportunity to work as a DT member for 2 Sketches 4 You. Laura and Kazan are THE BEST! Don't ya just LOVE their sketches. Such a great sketch by Kazan this week. I flipped it. When it came out of my printer it was flipped and that is just the way I worked it. Our sponsor is Cutting Cafe printable stamps. You are going to love how versatile they are. The sentiment on my card was printed out and then punched. To make the pumpkin I printed out the stamp and then cut out and added the patterned paper to it. You can use them in so many ways. Hope to see you all playing along this week. *and be sure and try out for the DT position!! Hugs to you all and enjoy this holiday season and go give your family a great big hug!

13 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful!!!
    My oldest is in the 8th grade, and I can't imagine her leaving, I know I will be a mess. For medical reasons I cannot have anymore children, I am blessed that I was able to have 2, so I savor every minute with them.
    I'm going to miss being on the team with you, but at least I can come to your blog to see how things are in your neck of the woods.
    hugs
    latisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are brilliant...as a scrapper, and (more importantly) as a mother. All those people are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I would like to thank you for your kind words on my blog they mean the world to me. I'm sad I have to leave the team but I'm glad I could have some time with you working in the team. I wish you much fun staying there and I'll enjoy watching your great work every week. You're so talented and so blessed I love that picture of your great family on your blog.
    The card for this week is also beautiful I hope you'll be able to make my card as well.

    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the sneak for your card I knew it was going to be fab, but this is simply out of this world.
    I had SUCH a blast working with you on the same team and I make sure I will continue to follow your wonderful inspiration

    Hugs to you
    K x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl! This card couldnt be any sweeter!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Please remove that picture from you blog because I look Horrid! And don't you DARE use that for our christmas card. Seriously, I probably won't talk to you ever again. Or at least until Tyler wants to come visit, or if I need help cooking something, or when I need to vent. Okay I'll tak to you again, but I'll still be mad. Oh and cute card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just found your blog,and i really loves all your card,i even go browsing all your older post!..all your works are amazing,truly an inspiratiOns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful creation and great take on the sketch. You truly have a special loving family.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheryl, what a lovely and beautiful family. So much to be thankful for!!!

    Your card is amazing. The leaves are GORGEOUS and I just can't get over that adorable pumpkin! Love the papers you used and the FUN stitching!! LOVE LOVE it!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card!! I am thankful for our awesome family too! They are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your card!! I like how you made it about families too... your post reminded me to make the most of my 4 little ones while they are still at home. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really Really love your card , the pumpkin is stunning! It Seems that you have the nicest family Hugs from Sweden :)

    ReplyDelete