Monday, March 2, 2009

Past, Present, Future...Our Family is Blessed

















This was the best weekend. The only complaint I have is that it went by WAY too fast.
Our whole family was able to be together as my new little granddaughter was blessed in church. We were able to travel to my oldest daughter's home and celebrate this occasion with her. It was also my son's 18th birthday so we celebrated that, too. It may seem a little odd that I included pictures of our family at a cemetary in this celebration of life post. I think it is pretty fitting, however. The cemetary is located in a small town where the generations of both my husband's mother and father grew up. I think our family is probably related in one way or another to almost every one in that cemetary. We drove through this town on our way to our daughter's house and wanted to stop by the old cemetary. My husband's ancestors were pioneers of this area and sacrificed much so that future generations could be blessed with the blessings of our religion. We owe them so much. So as we went to celebrate the new life of my little granddaughter, Kylee, and the birthday of our son Ty, I think it was important to remember that it was these ancestors that made these occasions possible for us. I love that on our way home we were able to drive by the Manti temple. Our family believes that in these temples are the realization of our belief that families can be together forever...and that is what this weekend to me was all about.

13 comments:

  1. Cheryl, these photos are lovely. What a wonderful way to spend your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to all of you! The weekend looks like it was wonderful, and how neat that you got to feel the blessings of both ends of the life spectrum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cheryl, Kaylee is gorgeous, as is your entire family. And Ty is 18!!! WoW!!! They grow way too fast! Those pictures are beautiful, and I agree with you, nothing means more than being together with your family, nothing!!! So happy for you! I hope this comment goes through, for some reason I have a hard time leaving comments on your blog?!?!?!?! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was sweet mom! Those pictures did turn out great, I'll have to steal them! If you have any other good ones on your camera will you email them to me. Thanks for coming, we loved having you here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you can't wait to scrap those pics of Kylee. She's a dollbaby!
    Even people across the country that aren't releated to y'all are thankful for your pioneer ancestors! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh mom those pictures turned out so cute! It was fun being with the whole family this last weekend and I am looking forward to nates party and easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,those photos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww!! What wonderful photos! The one of her hands is SWEETNESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are blessed with a gorgeous family! So sweet!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. You captured the weekend perfectly! Beautiful photos, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely family you have. The baby is adorable.

    ReplyDelete