Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Desperately Seeking Sunshine



I'm one of those people whose mood is definitely affected by the sun. I LOOOOOOOOOVE the sunshine and when those warm sunny rays shine through my window, I can feel my spirits start to rise. It seems like this winter has been a little grayer than most and I am longing for the sunshine. Yesterday was a particularly gray day and I found myself humming the tune "Tomorrow" from Annie over and over in my head...when you're faced with a day that's gray and lonely just stick out your chin and grin and say...the sun will come out tomorrow so ya gotta hang on 'til tomorrow come what may...tomorrow, tomorrow...i love ya tomorrow...you're only a day away. Well, I didn't really want to hang on 'til tomorrow to see the sun, so I created this little card from Laura's Sketch #20 at 2 Sketches 4 You to make my own little sunshine. It really did bring a smile on my face to see that bright sunshine on the card. And guess what...the sun did come out tomorrow...it is a bright, beautiful sunshiney day here! hooray!

22 comments:

  1. I love that song, too! And the sun works magic, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a fun card! I LOVE it:) I am with you Cheryln I love the sun too nothing better than that good old vitamin D!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your card is adorable, Cheryl!!! I love the red ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute card with the little surfer and the sentiment is perfect! Yeah, waiting for warmer weather here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must agree with you on this sunshine thing. I hate grey skies and the sunshine just makes me feel so much better. Your card is just perfect for a sunny day! I've perused your blog and found that you are a very talented lady! Also, I have to say that I love the pic of your family on your home page. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - and thanks for leaving me a nice comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...your really so creative with your cards!! fantasic girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh me LOVE the sun too. Esp. when it's not too hot and not too cold. Your card is stunning. Such a happy card!!! Oh, I hum the Tomorrow song too. Annie's one of my favorite movies from when I was a little girl. It brings back fond memories when I think of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is full of sunshine! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, it is beautiful! A very happy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl this is gorgeous. Love the bright and happy colours ... definitely a mood lifter. Great interpretation of Laura's sketch. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my what a cute card! Love the sweet theme you went with. And I agree about the sunshine! Lovely job on the sketch! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a truly stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness! This is adorable! Love the fun summery images and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and wonderful blog topic! We need some sun but in the meantime, we must cheer each other up with our cards! debb

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo very cool!! Love the bow on the bottom, and the colors just plain make me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your take on the sketch, it's really cheerful, bring on the sunshine! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bright zingy colours of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could this be any more freaking adorable?!! love it! Great job with Laura's sketch!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete